Yes, this is a little late.
For those who don't know, I was working on releasing Part 2 of the Perfection in Love book series, so go check it out: https://www.radanny.com/the-perfection-in-love.html
Wait! I didn't mean now...I mean, you can go now, but come back!
Alright, my lovelies...onto the review:
First of all, I would like to officially announce that I have given Lauren Daigle an honorary Nigerian citizenship; listen to her album, you'll understand why.
Welcome to the family, OluwaLauren.
1. Still Rolling Stones: One of the best lines ever: "a song of revival/I put it on vinyl." Thank You Lord, You still bring us back to life.
2. Rescue: "I hear your S.OS., your S.O.S." There is something so quietly powerful about Lauren's voice on this track. It's like you hear God singing this song over you. (Zephaniah 3:17). You hear Him saying: "I will spread apart the heavens, reach down from on high and rescue you," (Psalm 18:9,16,18)
3. This Girl: This is my jam, y'all. "This girl ain't going anywhere/This girl ain't going anywhere," Lauren promises on this track, and so do I, Lord. So do I.
4. Your Wings: This song brings a smile to my face as I type right now. You've got me, Lord. One of my favorite artistic moments in this album is the little echo of "eh, eh, eh" in the background. The richness in that sound is so beautiful - it reminds me of Morgan Harper Nicole's voice.
5. You Say: The devil's lies do not make God's truth untrue. I believe the beauty of a chosen artist is when you can hear beyond the voice to the message. Lauren's voice is unbelievably melodious in this track, but I hear God's truth loud and clear. So, thanks for being a vessel, Lauren.
6. Everything: Oh, I love this song. I love this song. I really, really love this track. This song came to my life at a time when I did not feel like I was getting what I needed from God. I am tearing up a little as I write this, but He used Lauren to remind me that He gives me everything. Not some things. Not what He can afford. Everything. Darn, He is still reminding me even now.
7. Love Like This: If Everything reminded me that He gives me everything, Love Like This reminds me that He is everything I need. I don't think I understood what "when I am weak, He is my strength" meant till right now as I type this. His Love sees me, truly sees me - Hallelujah! - and fixes me.
8. Look Up Child: Every time I have heard this track, I have literally looked up and always, always smiled. Because my Father's eyes shine back at me with that unconditional Love, and I come undone. Okay, that "ooh, ooh, eh" moment is fighting for first place in my favorite artistic moment from this album.
9. Losing My Religion: I don't know why we always do the opposite of what God wants. But today, I gladly lose my religion alongside Lauren to find You, Jesus.
10. Remember: I don't always do a good job of remembering. At least not until I have remembered all the lies. But You were always there, weren't You? Also, the moments in this song...like are you kidding me? "I can't stop thinking about" that bridge. That bridge, though...Chei!
11. Rebel Heart: I know you are probably like, "if she says moment one more time..." But that piano moment in the chorus...like, what am I supposed to do? But give my rebel heart to God with swag as my shoulders move up and down to the beat.
12. Inevitable: This song leaves me speechless. You are inevitable; Your love is inevitable and I know I can never deserve that kind of loyalty.
13. Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus: First of all, You, Jesus, are the Worker of Art that my eyes want to see everyday. Second of all, Morgan Harper Nichols and Lauren Daigle need to do a collaboration ASAP.
Lauren Daigle is like the first gleam of dawn which shines ever brighter until the full light of day (Psalm 4:18). Keep being a vessel, girl. I love you! ❤️
But Daddy loves you more. ❤️❤️❤️
Quick note: RAD playlist content changes every week.